Join Nashville’s Inn Crowd
Since 1986, Room In The Inn has been a community of people bound together to offer shelter and compassion to people experiencing homelessness. Local congregations open their doors to welcome guests in the winter months.
Room In The Inn’s winter shelter program runs November 1 - March 31 every year. Congregations host groups once a week, once a month, or just during the coldest months of January and February when the temperatures are dangerously low.
- Congregations are asked to host 8-15 guests.
- Congregations are needed to host men, women, and families.
- Room In The Inn staff will guide you in setting up your program and will train your team leaders and volunteers.
Volunteers serve in the following ways:
- Recruit volunteers from within your congregation or partner with other congregations/organizations.
- Transport guests, picking up each evening from Room In The Inn’s downtown campus and dropping them off the following morning.
- Prepare and serve meals, including dinner, breakfast, and sack lunch for the following day.
- Assist with set up and clean up.
- Spend time during and after dinner each evening conversing with the guests, playing games, or watching movies.
- Serve as overnight hosts.
For more information on participating with Room In The Inn’s winter shelter program, contact email@example.com